Monday, July 10, 2006

The Mystic Three

So has anyone ever told you that bad things come in threes?

Well, I went to the AQHA horse show this weekend and things started out well, but then things starting coming apart
1) My mare went into heat -- for those of you non-horse people, she was in season and looking for a man, but this isn't a warm fuzzy thing, she was sore and cranky and NOT HAPPY and my gelding Zipper didn't look to perky the second show day, so we only got to show one day out of the two we were supposed to.

2) Then Sunday I was sitting on a fence and a bee flew down the back of my pants. And stung me THREE times. In the butt. True story. Not good. The pain ended when I put my hand down the back of my pants and squashed it.

3) As we're getting ready to go home and I'm pulling the truck and 5 horse trailer out of a tiny parking spot and I think I'm clear of the truck next to me -- guess what, I'm not. So I proceed to bend a bumper on a VERY NICE Dodge truck.

UGH.

But some good things are happening: we're going to have a baby miniature horse in a week or so, I hoping she/he is healthy and happy and all goes well, I still love hanging out at the barn and Dominic and Trevor and our whole menagerie are doing great. And besides -- with the Sunday I had, my luck should DEFINITELY be turning around. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Peanut said...

Ugh! I'm antsy in my chair just thinking about your bee stings! I hope your string of bad luck is over and you can move on to good things! :)

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog. Thanks!Mike

1:49 AM  
Blogger Crazy Horse Lady said...

Hey Peanut!

Trust me -- bees down the pants are bad. :)

Do you still wear your peanut shirt?

10:04 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Yes, the Peanut shirt is still a staple in my wardrobe. One of my nephews really got a kick out of it when he saw it last summer. :)

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home